Thanks for stopping by Jenuine Cupcakes!
*hands out cupcakes*
Series: Between Breaths #4
Author: Christina Lee
Publication: October 7, 2015
Amazon | Goodreads | Nook |Kobo |iBooks
A new love will test the boundaries of passion between a privileged boy next door and the tattooed, blue-haired girl who helps him embrace his wild side...
Nate has developed quite a playboy reputation around campus. It's not that he doesn't respect or trust women; he doesn't trust himself. The men in Nate’s family are prone to abusive behavior—a dirty secret that Nate’s been running from his entire life—so Nate doesn't do relationships. But he can’t help himself around one girl…
Jessie is strong, independent, and works at a tattoo parlor. Nate can’t resist getting close to her, even if it’s strictly a friendship. But it doesn't take long for Nate to admit that what he wants with Jessie is more than just friendly.
With Jessie, he can be himself and explore what he’s always felt was a terrifying darkness inside him. Even when Nate begins to crave her in a way that both shocks and horrifies him, Jessie still wants to know every part of him. Testing their boundaries together will take a trust that could render them inseparable… or tear them apart.
*I received this eARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review*
**Due to language and content, this book is recommended for readers 18+**
~Five Reasons You Want To Read Promise Me This~
Can I just say how much I love the colors used in the covers for this series, because I do! Put them all together and they make a really pretty book rainbow.
1) Nate and Jessie's story was gritty, intense and at times, heartbreaking, but it's also filled with healing and hope.
2) Jessie is strong, independent, smart and NICE. I would totally be friends with her!
3) The issues Nate is dealing with are deep-rooted and serious, but there is something incredibly attractive about a man (even a fictional one) who seeks help when he needs it. (And I'm not talking about a warm body to "heal" him.)
4) I LOVED that despite everything they go through, BOTH Nate and Jessie are SMART enough to realize that their love alone is not enough to "fix" them. They work through their stuff both independently as well as together which is what happens in the real world.
5) It's a great addition to the BETWEEN BREATHS series.
~About the Author~
Mother, wife, reader, dreamer. Christina lives in the Midwest with her husband and son--her two favorite guys. She's addicted to lip gloss, salted caramel everything, and believes in true love and kissing, so writing romance novels has become a dream job.