Welcome to Jenuine Cupcakes
This is my stop on the Wish Me Tomorrow blog tour!
About the Book
Release Date: September 1, 2013
Blog Tour Hosted by: Romance Addict Book Blog
Can they build a future on hope alone?
For years nurse and grief counselor Christie Bates has been teaching her patients to confront their fears, express themselves and trust in hope. But as her feelings for cancer survivor Eli Roberts and his two children grow, can she overcome her own fear and love a man who lives every day with the possibility of recurring illness?
Tackling cancer and single parenthood simultaneously has turned Eli into a devout realist. Which is why he finds Christie's perpetually upbeat attitude so aggravating. Still, despite himself, she's making a place in his heart. If only he could offer Christie more than an uncertain future.
Harelquin | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iTunes | Goodreads
Top Ten Tomorrows You Wish to Have
Thank you so much for having me on Jenuine Cupcakes! I’m thrilled to stop by on my Wish Me Tomorrow blog tour and chat about the top ten “Tomorrows” I wish to have.
• Pet Grumpy cat. I know. She looks, well, um… grumpy. And would probably treat my thumb like a chew toy. But that face. It draws me. Why is she so grumpy? Surely I’d have the magic ear scratch to make her purr, look happy? It’s a challenge that, as a cat lover, I can’t resist. I. Must. Pet. Grumpy. Cat.
• Watch Game of Thrones Season Four premier in March, 2014. Winter is coming, but not soon enough! I’ve read the George R.R. Martin book series, so I know what will happen next season. However the acting, the writing, and production have brought some of my favorite books to life. I want this tomorrow, today!
• Visit The Wizarding Word of Harry Potter at Universal Studios. I can’t wait to ride inside Hogworts, sip butterbeer at Hogsmeade, have a wand pick me at Ollivanders, buy sweets at Honeydukes, and get gag gifts at Zokos. My family has a Disney vacation planned in March and we’ll shoot over to that park at least twice during our week-long stay. (uh-oh- just realized…that would conflict with Game of Thrones… who to pick- Harry Potter or Jon Snow?)
• Plan my next book project with my Young Adult writing partner, Joanne Rock. We’ve had so much going on between our solo Harlequin Romance careers and finishing up our current CAMP BOYFRIEND YA contemporary romance series, that we haven’t been able to sit down to plot our next series. We came up with the idea on the train ride down to the New York City Book Expo in June and I am DYING to get started…
• Step on a scale and discover I’ve lost fifteen pounds. Seriously. I don’t want to do all the hard work to get there. The elliptical, Zumba, salads, diet dressing, diet soda, and no cupcakes- UGH. I just want to fast forward and get to that tomorrow so that I can wear my vacation clothes at Disney and not be mistaken for the Dumbo ride.
• Make a guest appearance on Project Runway as a “Super Fan” and have a designer make an outfit for me. In this tomorrow, I’ve lost my fifteen pounds and every contestant is fighting over me- lol.
• Scuba dive in the Caribbean ocean. I snorkeled there two years ago. I got so excited by some coral that I dove and found out that my husband gave me the tube that doesn’t shut when you’re submerged. *cough *cough. That was the best and worst moment for me because I got over my fear of deep water, and ironically, nearly drowned. Lol. However, I wish I could go back and train to do a full on dive and explore more of the ocean. It’s beautiful. Plus, I don’t feel like I weigh anything in the water… the automatic 15 pound weight loss I’d hoped for- haha.
• Christmas. I wish for that tomorrow 364 days out of every year! The cookie baking, house decorating, charity drives, tree selecting, present shopping, holiday season parties… it all culminates in one amazing day that is over so quick that I’m wishing for it again the next day!
• The day my daughter, Danielle, gets her license. She thinks she’ll have her freedom. Right. She’ll be my slave! Lol. “Danielle, would you pick up some milk?” “Danielle, would you drop off these prescriptions?” “Danielle, would you take the car through the car wash?” hehe. That list is going to be endless. She’ll be at the DMV begging for them to take it back!
• I wish I could say my last wish for tomorrow was something huge like world peace, but it’s actually very personal. Danielle is a senior in high school this year and I can’t wait to see her cross the stage and receive her diploma. Kids tell their parents not to cry, but how can we help it?! When she boarded the bus to kindergarten thirteen years ago, my husband and I followed it, in our car, then parked and hid by the flag pole to watch her first steps off the bus and into a school. From that day forward, we’ve been a part of her journey from learning multiplication tables, mastering vocabulary lists, writing essays, charting lab data results, and memorizing historical dates until her knowledge surpassed ours (I think that was in fourth grade ;) and we supported her as she struggled through hours of homework and test prep, school club work, musical performances, and sports, cheering her on when she won awards, being her shoulder to cry on when friend drama was much more important than tomorrow’s calculus test. So when she tells me not to cry this June at her graduation, I’m going to hand her a tissue. She’s going to need it.
Thanks again for having me on Jenuine Cupcakes! I adore your blog and you, Jen! :)
About the Author
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
3 RUNNER UPS
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Since Karen Rock’s grandmother passed her shopping bagfuls of Harlequin Presents as a teen, it’s been her dream to add her voice to the Romance genre. Now an author of Harlequin’s latest contemporary line, Heartwarming, Karen is thrilled to pen wholesome, tender, deeply romantic stories that all can relate to.
Her first novel, WISH ME TOMORROW, is out in September 2013 and her next, HIS HOMETOWN GIRL, is out in spring 2013. Additionally, Karen is a young adult contemporary romance co-author with fellow Harlequin author, Joanne Rock for the CAMP BOYFRIEND series that debuted July 2013 with Spencer Hill Press.
When she’s not busy writing, Karen enjoys watching anything starring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, cooking her Nona’s family Italian recipes, and occasionally rescuing local wildlife from neighborhood cats. She lives in the Adirondack Mountain region with her husband, her very appreciated beta-reader daughter and two King Charles Cavalier cocker spaniels who have yet to understand the concept of “fetch,” though they’ve managed to teach her the trick! Hmmmm… wonder how that happened?! She loves to connect with other romance fans!
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
- Karen Rock's WISH ME TOMORROW
- Robyn Carr's THE WANDERER
- JoJo Moyes' ME BEFORE YOU
- JoJo Moyes' THE GIRL YOU LEFT BEHIND
- JK Rock's CAMP BOYFRIEND
- Bella Andre's I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU
- Pamela Tracy's KATIE'S RESCUE
- Tara Randal's ORANGE BLOSSOM BRIDE
- Syndi Powell's THE RELUCTANT BACHELOR
Harlequin tote bag
RWA 2013 water bottle
RWA water bottle holder
$10 Amazon Gift Card
a Rafflecopter giveaway