Monday, June 4, 2012

Hear Ye, Hear Ye - All About This Year's Interviews! 

 

 

Armchair BEA 2012



1) Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? 

*waves*  I'm Jen. I'm a home school mom of 2 boys. I like to dance (anytime, anywhere), I have pink stripes in my hair and I bake a LOT of cupcakes with my side business, Jenuine Cupcakes. I like to take cupcakes with me whenever I go to a book signing as a way of saying, "Thanks" to the author(s).  I've been blogging primarily about books for almost a year now and I review for both my blog as well as YABookscentral.com and KidsBooksCentral.com.

I began blogging about books as a way to share my excitement for whatever book I was reading, but it's quickly evolved into "pushing", earning me the nickname, "The Pusher" of books and cupcakes. ;D   


2) What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

Wow, this is a tough one because I have several that I've "LOVED SO HARD" already this year but one in particular I think everyone should read is, "Something Like Normal" by Trish Doller.  I've "pushed" this book to anyone with a pulse and with cupcakes to my local friends who pre-ordered it, THAT'S how much I LOVED this book! :)


3) Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

Hmm... I hate having my picture taken. I'm not very photogenic and am a nightmare when it comes to casual shots often wanting a million "do-overs". The joke among those who know me is that I require "Signed, notarized, written consent before any photo of me is allowed to be posted anywhere."  Basically, I would make a horrible celebrity.


4) If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?

I answer this here...

I had the opportunity to meet Becca Fitzpatrick recently and she was so gracious and a lot of fun to talk too! 

5) What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?

The Dauntless compound from "Divergent". (My FAVORITE book of 2011!) I would want to go through the same training the Dauntless initiates go through, (fearscape and all) just to see if I could hack it; with Tris and Four as my guides, of course. ;)








13 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your BEA posts. My intor is at http://www.spiritblog.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! Welcome to Armchair BEA. It is a pleasure to meet you! I agree with you on Something Like Normal. I think that it is right at the top of my favorites this year, just so moving!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might like to go to the Dauntless compound too. I'm in the middle of Insurgent right now, so good answer :o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    Come visit my introduction? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd be scared to go to the Dauntless compound (which of course, would negate me being dauntless!)

    I hope you enjoy Armchair BEA and keep pushing those cupcakes (and books!)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it that you take cupcakes to author signings! What a fun idea. Good luck with the cupcake business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with the photo thing, I hate it. I hope you enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited to find another home school mom! I home school my 2 kids as well and we love it!

    I SO agree with you about Something Like Normal!!! My husband is in the AF and this story was so well done! I LOVE the idea of bribing your friends with cupcakes, I will have to remember that trick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dancing, too :) And I wish I had pink stripes in my hair (Pink rules!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I want to go to the Dauntless faction too!! It must be so cool!! :) And thought I am Dauntless in my soul, oh yeah, that would be pretty fun! :) :) I would join you instantly! :) ;) Great introduction post!! Enjoy aBEA! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It it is so so cool you have a cupcake company!

    Have a blast at Armchair BEA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jen,
    Nice to meet you -- new follower!! Love your site!! I have to say that I love cupcakes ( my hubby calls me cake-eater all the time LOL) I have Something Like Normal in my TBR pile waiting for me to catch up with its ever growing number of books!! LOL

    http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-introductions-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for your comments!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have pink stripes in your hair? That is pretty awesome. I'm too nervous to do such things to my hair after I had a bad highlighting accident with my friends in college. LOL

    ReplyDelete