Hello and welcome to Jenuine Cupcakes, this is my stop on the LET THE WIND RISE blog tour!
Today's exclusive content is a guest post by Shannon Messenger, and be sure you enter to win a complete set of the series below!
ABOUT THE BOOK
By: Shannon Messenger
Published by: Simon Pulse
Releasing on: April 26th, 2016
Series: Sky Fall Book #3
Purchase from: Amazon | B&N | IndieBound | The Book Depository | iTunes
Add it to Goodreads
Vane Weston is ready for battle. Against Raiden’s army. Against the slowly corrupting Gale Force. Even against his own peaceful nature as a Westerly. He’ll do whatever it takes, including storming Raiden’s icy fortress with the three people he trusts the least. Anything to bring Audra home safely.
But Audra won’t wait for someone to rescue her. She has Gus—the guardian she was captured with. And she has a strange “guide” left behind by the one prisoner who managed to escape Raiden. The wind is also rising to her side, rallying against their common enemy. When the forces align, Audra makes her play—but Raiden is ready.
Freedom has never held such an impossible price, and both groups know the sacrifices will be great. But Vane and Audra started this fight together. They’ll end it the same way.
Praise for LET THE WIND RISE
"The conclusion to this very original fantasy trilogy is stronger than the first two installments, with nonstop action and believable teenage sarcasm, which takes the edge off the brutal reality of Audra and Vane’s highly emotional romance and quest. A good match for fans of Claudia Gray’s Firebird series." ~ RT Book Reviews
ABOUT THE SERIES
Find out more about THE SKY FALL series, Let The Sky Fall (book #1) and Let The Storm Break (book #2), here.
GUEST POST: If I wasn't an author, I'd be...
I’m sure when they gave me this post topic, they were hoping I’d come up with some sort of serious, introspective piece on all the “might’ve beens” and “maybe somedays” that come with career selection. But this is me, so …
If I wasn’t an author, I’d be…
- Asleep! Seriously. I’ve been up till 4am trying to make an impossible deadline for so many weeks now that I’ve reached the point where my husband catches me sitting alone in rooms mumbling to myself, and I rarely remember to shave both of my legs.
- In WAY better shape! I bought a Fitbit right before I entered the worst phase of this deadline. So for a couple of weeks I was actually hitting my 10,000 steps and feeling pretty good. Now? There are some days where I don’t even go downstairs. I finally hid the Fitbit in my closet (along with my dusty running shoes) because I was afraid if I went enough days with only 200 steps it was going to start some sort of shock therapy.
- A functional adult! This one might be a bit of a stretch, since adulting has never really been my specialty. But it wasn’t until I became an author that my mom had to start texting me questions like, “did you remember to eat lunch today?” My husband also asks things like, “when was the last time you washed those pajamas?” Spoiler alert: the answer is usually not a good one.
- Wearing pants that don’t have holes in them! Here’s the thing: comfortable writing pants? Not so easy to find. I have an entire drawer full of sweatpants-that-let-me-down. Finding that perfect pair that’s just stretchy enough and soft enough for the long days of butt-in-chair? Super challenging. So when you get a good one? You cling. Doesn’t matter how faded or stretched out or shredded they become.
- Asleep!!!! I know I already said this one. But seriously guys. SLEEP.
- DESPERATE for a creative outlet! There was a time I gave up writing and took a normal day job. And I’m pretty sure I single-handedly kept my local Michaels in business. I painted glass. I drew charcoal portraits. I scrapbooked. I beaded. I arranged flowers. I made hair clips. I put glitter on freaking EVERYTHING. And all of that was fun. But it always left me antsy and heading back to Michaels to find the next thing. (also with boxes and boxes of crafts. Anyone need painted glass or floral hairclips? I’m your girl.) But once I started writing again? The antsy-ness went away.
And that’s the thing—despite the sleep deprivation and the “writer’s butt” and the glamour overload, this job isn’t a want for me, it’s a need. There really isn’t anything else I’d want to be.
(though I’m still hoping to snag a LITTLE more of that “sleep” thing. *writes an epic poem to her poor, abandoned pillow*)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Find Shannon: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr
Shannon's Going On Tour!
Catch Shannon on the road! Find out what cities she's coming to for her LET THE WIND RISE book tour, here.
ENTER TO WIN!
Thank you to Simon Pulse, we have 3 sets of THE SKY FALL series to giveaway! To enter, please fill out the form below. This is open to residents of the US only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
FOLLOW THE TOUR
4/19 - YA Bibliophile, Excerpt #1
4/20 - Jenuine Cupcakes, Author Guest post #1
4/21 - Me, My Shelf & I, Excerpt #2
4/22 - Page Turners, Author Interview #1
4/25 - Novel Novice, Guest Post #2