Publication: April 15, 2016
By: Delacorte Press
Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
What if the person you need the most is someone you’ve never met?
Julie Buxbaum mixes comedy and tragedy, love and loss, pain and elation, in her debut YA novel whose characters will come to feel like friends. Tell Me Three Things will appeal to fans of Rainbow Rowell, Jennifer Niven, and E. Lockhart.
Everything about Jessie is wrong. At least, that’s what it feels like during her first week at her new ultra-intimidating prep school in Los Angeles. Just when she’s thinking about hightailing it back to Chicago—the closest place she has to something like home—she gets an email from a person calling themselves Somebody/Nobody (SN for short), offering to help her navigate the wilds of Wood Valley High School. Is it an elaborate hoax? Or can she rely on SN for some much-needed help?
The thing is, Jessie does need help. It’s been barely two years since her mother’s death, and because her father eloped with a woman he met online, Jessie has been forced to move across the country to live in LA with her stepmonster and her pretentious teenage son.
In a leap of faith—or an act of complete desperation—Jessie begins to rely on SN, and SN quickly becomes her lifeline and closest ally. Jessie can’t help wanting to meet SN in person. But are some mysteries better left unsolved?
*I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review*
~ Three Things I Liked About This Book ~
1) The cover has waffles on it. In the shape of a heart. (The slightly raised pictures gives the impression this may be a scratch 'n
2) Jessie. I totally wanted to be friends with her! Her grief is palpable, but so is her hope.
3) The mystery person!
~ Author Q&A ~
Tell Me Three Foods You Don't Like To Eat
1) Blue cheese. The only bad-for-you food I don’t actually like. Also, it smells like feet.
2) Olives. Can’t explain this one. Just not my thing.
3) Anything pumpkin flavored, which makes Trader Joes a no-go for the entire month of October.
Tell Me Three Places You Want To Visit Before You Die
1) The red dunes of Namibia.
2) Costa Rica.
Tell Me Three Songs You Could Listen To On Repeat Forever
1) The Book of Love. (I think it was originally by The Magnetic Fields, but I’m addicted to the Steve Goldberg version.)
2) Pretty much anything by Taylor Swift (TayTay is our family’s living room pajama dance party music)
3) Anna Begins, Counting Crows (Makes me nostalgic for my high school and college days)
Tell Me Three Pieces of Advice You'd Give Aspiring Authors
1) Read everything you can get your hands on.
2) Sit on your tushy for unhealthily long periods of time.
3) Write badly and then keep writing. And then write some more. And then edit, edit, and edit until you can’t look at your computer screen for another minute. Rinse and repeat.
~ Follow Julie Buxbaum ~
~ Giveaway ~
One ARC of Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
Must be 13 years old to enter