This is my version of Top Ten Tuesday...
Top Ten Reasons to do CampNaNoWriMo
1. Parachuting out of your comfort zone and into Try Something New Landia! Because that's always fun and not the least bit terrifying.
2. Get a jumpstart on that book everyone keeps telling you to write. (Btw, they tell you this because they enjoy your FB status updates and your Tweets. They just haven't realized yet that your wit and amazing sense of storytelling is limited to 140 characters. After that it's all downhill.)
3. You meet some fantastic people who are also taking this journey with you! They will encourage you, praise you and even YELL AT YOU to get your AIC (Ars In Chair) which is completely motivating and not at all scary.
4. No pesky bugs to deal with and no worries that someone will steal your underthings and fly them from the flagpole.
5. You get to word sprint which is way more fun than real sprinting, trust me. No sweating, heel spurs or worrying about face planting the sidewalk.
6. It's beneficial to your health, especially once you learn (the hard way) that self-editing is the equivalent of doing drugs, it not only kills your total word count but also your brain cells, so "Just Say No!"
7. It's a way to get those people out of your head. You know, the ones who keep you up at night because they have something to say and you are the only one who can give voice to their words? (If this doesn't help, I hear medication works wonders.)
8. You get to eat all the cupcakes you want! Okay, so maybe that's just me.
9. Write or Die Kamikaze mode. Everyone should try this at least once, writer or not.
10. Knowing that you accomplished something, whether it's reaching your goal of 50K, finishing a second revision or a final draft, you did it! (As of this post, I am 601 words away from meeting my first goal. I'll set the next one if those last "few" words don't hogtie me and stuff me in a closet first.)